Some names have the ability to shape the course of a life. E.g., a kid named “Speed Racer” isn’t going to grow up to be an accountant, no matter how much his pops wants to keep him away from the track. Or, for an example that didn’t come from a cartoon, take Kaneik “Kay” Tune, a Booth newcomer whose surname accurately reflects her talent for expressing herself through song. Cried, the Virginia native’s latest single and first DJBooth feature, offers a powerful demonstration of her abilities. With Rio Bridges’ radiant piano chords as her backdrop, the up-and-coming songstress expresses grief at her betrayal by a man who said he’d spend forever with her, illustrating the intensity of her pain through her heartstring-tugging delivery. Fans can find this wounded ballad and much more on Kay’s The Story of an Emotion EP, scheduled for release January 1, of next year.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.