Some names have the ability to shape the course of a life. E.g., a kid named “Speed Racer” isn’t going to grow up to be an accountant, no matter how much his pops wants to keep him away from the track. Or, for an example that didn’t come from a cartoon, take Kaneik “Kay” Tune, a Booth newcomer whose surname accurately reflects her talent for expressing herself through song. Cried, the Virginia native’s latest single and first DJBooth feature, offers a powerful demonstration of her abilities. With Rio Bridges’ radiant piano chords as her backdrop, the up-and-coming songstress expresses grief at her betrayal by a man who said he’d spend forever with her, illustrating the intensity of her pain through her heartstring-tugging delivery. Fans can find this wounded ballad and much more on Kay’s The Story of an Emotion EP, scheduled for release January 1, of next year.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.