My parents always ask me what it is exactly that I do. They really aren’t sure what my job is; they just hope there is no cussing in the music. Next time they ask, I will be sure to leave “writing blurbs about a song called Rough Sex [Freestyle]” out of the job description. I’m happy to share the latest from Kay Cola with y’all, though! Though Cola’s fluttery, bubbly vocals (on display after a guest verse from Hope Wright) might be new to you, the artist brings some Booth-approved homies along for the ride. Junia-T of Smash Brovaz creates the dusty jazz beat, and Skyzoo caps this smooth, eclectic cut off with a final 16. There has been no word on any larger project from Kay Cola but, as always, we will keep you posted here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.