My parents always ask me what it is exactly that I do. They really aren’t sure what my job is; they just hope there is no cussing in the music. Next time they ask, I will be sure to leave “writing blurbs about a song called Rough Sex [Freestyle]” out of the job description. I’m happy to share the latest from Kay Cola with y’all, though! Though Cola’s fluttery, bubbly vocals (on display after a guest verse from Hope Wright) might be new to you, the artist brings some Booth-approved homies along for the ride. Junia-T of Smash Brovaz creates the dusty jazz beat, and Skyzoo caps this smooth, eclectic cut off with a final 16. There has been no word on any larger project from Kay Cola but, as always, we will keep you posted here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.