My parents always ask me what it is exactly that I do. They really aren’t sure what my job is; they just hope there is no cussing in the music. Next time they ask, I will be sure to leave “writing blurbs about a song called Rough Sex [Freestyle]” out of the job description. I’m happy to share the latest from Kay Cola with y’all, though! Though Cola’s fluttery, bubbly vocals (on display after a guest verse from Hope Wright) might be new to you, the artist brings some Booth-approved homies along for the ride. Junia-T of Smash Brovaz creates the dusty jazz beat, and Skyzoo caps this smooth, eclectic cut off with a final 16. There has been no word on any larger project from Kay Cola but, as always, we will keep you posted here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.