My parents always ask me what it is exactly that I do. They really aren’t sure what my job is; they just hope there is no cussing in the music. Next time they ask, I will be sure to leave “writing blurbs about a song called Rough Sex [Freestyle]” out of the job description. I’m happy to share the latest from Kay Cola with y’all, though! Though Cola’s fluttery, bubbly vocals (on display after a guest verse from Hope Wright) might be new to you, the artist brings some Booth-approved homies along for the ride. Junia-T of Smash Brovaz creates the dusty jazz beat, and Skyzoo caps this smooth, eclectic cut off with a final 16. There has been no word on any larger project from Kay Cola but, as always, we will keep you posted here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.