I know what y’all are thinking: “What could Ka$ual possibly have against Chicago’s rapid transit system?“ Frankly, I’m not sure—I certainly never had any complaints during my visits to the Windy City. Oh, when the Booth newcomer spits, “I Don’t Take L’s” on his latest promo single, he’s actually referring to losses? Well, that makes a sh*t-ton more sense. My senior citizen—esque grasp on modern slang aside, this cut leaves no doubt that the Cali repper’s (to quote a played-out meme) “Winning!” With Jon Bellion‘s swagger-soaked synth-piano boardwork bumping in the background, the Ce-It-Off emcee explains why he’s destined to reign victorious over the rest, in the process showering his competition with witty derision: “Nowadays I can’t tell who’s who, ‘cause 90 percent of these rappers are confused like a Crip sayin’ ‘soo-woo!’” In addition to handling production, Bellion steps out from behind the boards to contribute some slightly Colin Munroe-esque hook vocals. Has Ka$ual won you over with this exultant cut? This joint is currently unattached to any forthcoming project but, as always, you can count on DJBooth to keep you posted on this up-and-comer’s hustle.
Update: The stream for I Don’t Take L’s has been removed at the request of the artist.
Written by richard on 06/14/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.