In sports and politics, the term “Dark Horse” refers to a contender who rises to prominence despite being little-known or unlikely to succeed. With her extensive résumé of number one hits, Katy Perry ain’t exactly what you’d call a long shot but, given her lack of features in the DJBooth (2011’s The One That Got Away (Remix) was her first and, to date, only.), she could be regarded as an unknown quantity. Not an official follow-up to album lead single Roar, but rather a “taste” of what’s to come, this newly-released record features a guest artist likely to pique the interest of Boothgoers and other hip-hop heads. Fresh off the release of solo studio debut Stay Trippy, Juicy J jumps on Dr. Luke and Max Martin‘s arpeggiated-synth beat to pay tribute to the headliner’s wily sex appeal: “Her love is like a drug, I was tryin’a hit it and quit it / But lil mama so dope I messed around and got addicted.” Will Dark Horse carry Katy to a surprise victory in the Booth? That, my friends, is for you to decide.
Update: We have added the Mathew Cullen-directed visuals for Katy Perry’s Dark Horse single.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The One That Got Away (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)