In late 2005 well-known comedian Katt Williams announced that he signed a deal with Dipset and planned to release the innovative rap/comedy album, It’s Pimpin’, Pimpin’. Two years later the first single has arrived and is entitled Shinin’. While rapping is a new foray for Katt, his verse is better than expected. Assisted by Houston’s Paul Wall (who feels right at home with his verse about candy paint) and Mike Jones (after Crunch ‘n Munch, just about anything from him sounds good), there’s no reason to think Shinin’ won’t get its fair share of spins, right, pimpin’?
Written by Burmy on 11/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Go Hard ft. Katt Williams, Kurupt & Soopafly" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.