Sometimes, excessive features are used to cover up some sort of shortcoming in a song. Sometimes, however, a beat is just so damn epic, it deserves a few extra emcees. The latter is clearly the case with Kato‘s Day 1 Homies. Though you might not know the beatsmith’s name, rest assured, if you are regular Booth visitor, you have heard his handiwork. On Day 1 Homies, he steps away from his ATL-based production collective, SMKA, but retains the same raucous, hard-hitting vibe that characterizes his collaborative work. In fact, his swaying trap-synth beat is so gaudy and flavorful that it remains the record’s highlight despite brash guest 16s from Irv Da Phenom, Futuristic and Chris Webby. Day 1 Homies will be part of the producer’s next album, Kato’s Revenge, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.