Encompassing everyone from Run DMC to Limp Bizkit, “rap-rock” has arguably outlived its usefulness as a genre label. Thus, it’s about time someone coined a name for the strange hybrid of bass-bumping club music and pop-metal Lil Wayne‘s been cultivating on records like Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock, Rebirth lead single Prom Queen, and now Unstoppable, the first single off Kat DeLuna‘s forthcoming Inside Out. Grunge-hop, maybe? In any case, this is a catchy collaboration that should appeal to the same listeners who pushed Let It Rock to the top of the charts. Over RedOne‘s driving beat, the recent Universal/Motown signee makes it crystal clear that she’s not going to let anyone get under her skin, and Weezy spits/sings one of his trademark Autotune-garbled guest verses. With “grunge-hop” making big moves in ‘09, Unstoppable is sure to turn pop radio Inside Out, paving the way for the summer release of DeLuna’s sophomore LP.
Written by richard on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dale Duro" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.