Encompassing everyone from Run DMC to Limp Bizkit, “rap-rock” has arguably outlived its usefulness as a genre label. Thus, it’s about time someone coined a name for the strange hybrid of bass-bumping club music and pop-metal Lil Wayne‘s been cultivating on records like Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock, Rebirth lead single Prom Queen, and now Unstoppable, the first single off Kat DeLuna‘s forthcoming Inside Out. Grunge-hop, maybe? In any case, this is a catchy collaboration that should appeal to the same listeners who pushed Let It Rock to the top of the charts. Over RedOne‘s driving beat, the recent Universal/Motown signee makes it crystal clear that she’s not going to let anyone get under her skin, and Weezy spits/sings one of his trademark Autotune-garbled guest verses. With “grunge-hop” making big moves in ‘09, Unstoppable is sure to turn pop radio Inside Out, paving the way for the summer release of DeLuna’s sophomore LP.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dale Duro" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.