After going with a dancehall feel for the original version of Whine Up, Kat DeLuna decided to give the remix a reggaeton feel with guest verses from Beny Blaze and K Hyphen (as well as the original guest verse from Elephant Man.) The dancehall beat remains intact, but Blaze & Hyphen’s verses are totalmente en espanol, making it appeal to Latino music fans. This is a rather unusual direction to take for a remix (no rappers, all the new verses in a different language,) but what do you expect from an artist acclaimed by so many (artists and critics alike) as a prodigal trend setter? Be sure to check out her debut album, 9 Lives, on August 7 for more trail-blazing, ground-breaking music.
Written by Burmy on 07/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dale Duro" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.