Godzilla and Mothra may have given Tokyo a few bumps and bruises over the years, but they ain’t got nothing on Kat Dahlia. On this freshly-minted loosie, the Cuban-American pop buzzmaker threatens major metropolitan areas with imminent annihilation: “We comin’ [to] your city and we Mash It Up.” The Wizard crafts an appropriately hard-hitting beat to back her aggressive bars, layering street-ready piano loops over a relentless drum pattern. Nyanda, an alumnus of reggae fusion crew Brick & Lace, lends her rapid-fire flow to the second verse, and Booth newcomer Black Lion contributes a similarly fast-paced closing 16. As mentioned above, Mash It Up is not part of a larger project, but those feeling it will undoubtedly find more to like on forthcoming EP Seeds, scheduled for independent release next Tuesday, October 8.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.