Godzilla and Mothra may have given Tokyo a few bumps and bruises over the years, but they ain’t got nothing on Kat Dahlia. On this freshly-minted loosie, the Cuban-American pop buzzmaker threatens major metropolitan areas with imminent annihilation: “We comin’ [to] your city and we Mash It Up.” The Wizard crafts an appropriately hard-hitting beat to back her aggressive bars, layering street-ready piano loops over a relentless drum pattern. Nyanda, an alumnus of reggae fusion crew Brick & Lace, lends her rapid-fire flow to the second verse, and Booth newcomer Black Lion contributes a similarly fast-paced closing 16. As mentioned above, Mash It Up is not part of a larger project, but those feeling it will undoubtedly find more to like on forthcoming EP Seeds, scheduled for independent release next Tuesday, October 8.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.