Fresh off the success of promo single Mash It Up, Kat Dahlia‘s in the perfect position to lay the groundwork for her future career in the game. The question is, what’s she gonna do with that opportunity? Thankfully, the answer is not, “start covering annoying children’s songs.” Happy and I Know It, the first video single off the Cuban-American pop buzzmaker’s latest mixtape, is totally unrelated to the similarly-named tune you may remember from preschool. Here, instead of clapping her hands, Dahlia takes advantage of her good mood to enjoy a spliff with the homies. Over a stark, reggae-tinged beat by J. Dot Productions, the singer urges those tin similarly high spirits to “raise your hands, bring it to your lips and breathe it in.” Marlon Santini‘s vibrant official visuals round out the package. For Happy and I Know It and much more, check out Kat Dahlia’s Seeds street album, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.