Fresh off the success of promo single Mash It Up, Kat Dahlia‘s in the perfect position to lay the groundwork for her future career in the game. The question is, what’s she gonna do with that opportunity? Thankfully, the answer is not, “start covering annoying children’s songs.” Happy and I Know It, the first video single off the Cuban-American pop buzzmaker’s latest mixtape, is totally unrelated to the similarly-named tune you may remember from preschool. Here, instead of clapping her hands, Dahlia takes advantage of her good mood to enjoy a spliff with the homies. Over a stark, reggae-tinged beat by J. Dot Productions, the singer urges those tin similarly high spirits to “raise your hands, bring it to your lips and breathe it in.” Marlon Santini‘s vibrant official visuals round out the package. For Happy and I Know It and much more, check out Kat Dahlia’s Seeds street album, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.