Fresh off the success of promo single Mash It Up, Kat Dahlia‘s in the perfect position to lay the groundwork for her future career in the game. The question is, what’s she gonna do with that opportunity? Thankfully, the answer is not, “start covering annoying children’s songs.” Happy and I Know It, the first video single off the Cuban-American pop buzzmaker’s latest mixtape, is totally unrelated to the similarly-named tune you may remember from preschool. Here, instead of clapping her hands, Dahlia takes advantage of her good mood to enjoy a spliff with the homies. Over a stark, reggae-tinged beat by J. Dot Productions, the singer urges those tin similarly high spirits to “raise your hands, bring it to your lips and breathe it in.” Marlon Santini‘s vibrant official visuals round out the package. For Happy and I Know It and much more, check out Kat Dahlia’s Seeds street album, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Miami-based triple-threat (rapper/singer/songwriter) Kat Dahlia has made quite a bit of noise in The DJBooth this year, turning heads with featured singles "Mash It Up," "Clocks" and "Fireman." Looking to turn a few more,...
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)