These days, Clocks are increasingly being supplanted by smart phones, iPads and other electronic devices. Vested in Culture/Epic Records pop songstress Kat Dahlia, however, still prefers an antique timepiece with an old-school striking mechanism. After all, nothing gets the party jumping like an hourly dose of rhythmic clanging. On the latest single off her forthcoming major-label debut, the artist encourages all in attendance to wild out when they hear the clock strike 12. Heavyweight producer Salaam Remi mans the boards, crafting a dense synth beat to back the singer’s fiery verses and hook. My Garden has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.