These days, Clocks are increasingly being supplanted by smart phones, iPads and other electronic devices. Vested in Culture/Epic Records pop songstress Kat Dahlia, however, still prefers an antique timepiece with an old-school striking mechanism. After all, nothing gets the party jumping like an hourly dose of rhythmic clanging. On the latest single off her forthcoming major-label debut, the artist encourages all in attendance to wild out when they hear the clock strike 12. Heavyweight producer Salaam Remi mans the boards, crafting a dense synth beat to back the singer’s fiery verses and hook. My Garden has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.