These days, Clocks are increasingly being supplanted by smart phones, iPads and other electronic devices. Vested in Culture/Epic Records pop songstress Kat Dahlia, however, still prefers an antique timepiece with an old-school striking mechanism. After all, nothing gets the party jumping like an hourly dose of rhythmic clanging. On the latest single off her forthcoming major-label debut, the artist encourages all in attendance to wild out when they hear the clock strike 12. Heavyweight producer Salaam Remi mans the boards, crafting a dense synth beat to back the singer’s fiery verses and hook. My Garden has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.