These days, Clocks are increasingly being supplanted by smart phones, iPads and other electronic devices. Vested in Culture/Epic Records pop songstress Kat Dahlia, however, still prefers an antique timepiece with an old-school striking mechanism. After all, nothing gets the party jumping like an hourly dose of rhythmic clanging. On the latest single off her forthcoming major-label debut, the artist encourages all in attendance to wild out when they hear the clock strike 12. Heavyweight producer Salaam Remi mans the boards, crafting a dense synth beat to back the singer’s fiery verses and hook. My Garden has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/Epic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.