Every emcee wants to put on for their city, but that often requires Leaving Home in order to expand their fan base. Kasual, who, despite flying under the mainstream radar, has worked with Akon, Rick Ross, Trey Songz and other big-name artists, knows this all too well. On Leaving Home, the New York emcee says goodbye to his hometown and all that comes with it, showcasing a strong and heartfelt flow over J.R. Rotem‘s reggae-inspired boardwork. I.Y.A.Z heightens the record’s Island vibe with some catchy hook vocals. Featuring this solid effort and much more, Best to Never Make It: The Kasual Kas Story is scheduled for free digital release tomorrow, the 17th.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
Cet It Off Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.