Every emcee wants to put on for their city, but that often requires Leaving Home in order to expand their fan base. Kasual, who, despite flying under the mainstream radar, has worked with Akon, Rick Ross, Trey Songz and other big-name artists, knows this all too well. On Leaving Home, the New York emcee says goodbye to his hometown and all that comes with it, showcasing a strong and heartfelt flow over J.R. Rotem‘s reggae-inspired boardwork. I.Y.A.Z heightens the record’s Island vibe with some catchy hook vocals. Featuring this solid effort and much more, Best to Never Make It: The Kasual Kas Story is scheduled for free digital release tomorrow, the 17th.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
Cet It Off Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.