Every emcee wants to put on for their city, but that often requires Leaving Home in order to expand their fan base. Kasual, who, despite flying under the mainstream radar, has worked with Akon, Rick Ross, Trey Songz and other big-name artists, knows this all too well. On Leaving Home, the New York emcee says goodbye to his hometown and all that comes with it, showcasing a strong and heartfelt flow over J.R. Rotem‘s reggae-inspired boardwork. I.Y.A.Z heightens the record’s Island vibe with some catchy hook vocals. Featuring this solid effort and much more, Best to Never Make It: The Kasual Kas Story is scheduled for free digital release tomorrow, the 17th.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
Cet It Off Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.