Every emcee wants to put on for their city, but that often requires Leaving Home in order to expand their fan base. Kasual, who, despite flying under the mainstream radar, has worked with Akon, Rick Ross, Trey Songz and other big-name artists, knows this all too well. On Leaving Home, the New York emcee says goodbye to his hometown and all that comes with it, showcasing a strong and heartfelt flow over J.R. Rotem‘s reggae-inspired boardwork. I.Y.A.Z heightens the record’s Island vibe with some catchy hook vocals. Featuring this solid effort and much more, Best to Never Make It: The Kasual Kas Story is scheduled for free digital release tomorrow, the 17th.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/16/13
Cet It Off Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)