In recent months, †Priscilla† singer/songwriter JMSN has introduced us to two buzzmaking producers, jumping on Ta-Ku‘s Make It Last in January and appearing on Kaytranada‘s All We Do in February. Today, we hear the Detroit alt-R&B phenom lend his vocals to the latest single and Booth debut from Kastle, a San Francisco beatsmith who previously worked with the singer on a non-featured remix of Alone. On Make You Stay, the headliner’s ethereal synth harmonies wash over JSMN as he pleads with a romantic interest to stay by his side. Complete with one of Kastle’s trademark keyboard solos, this plaintive cut is slated to appear on a forthcoming studio album, details on which have yet to be revealed. If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned for the latest from the Symbols Recordings producer, as well as his collaborative partner.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold On, Were Goin Home (Kastle Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.