If “bad” can mean good in hip-hop, who’s to say “Sober” can’t mean f**ked up? In any case, Karizma‘s clearly ain’t using the term in its traditional sense, as his first Booth feature finds him indulging in a potent cocktail of psychoactive substances. The title track and latest single off his debut street album, this cut follows the Mankato, Minnesota repper as he gets twisted on copious amounts of weed and whiskey. (As he makes clear in verse two, though, he draws the line at ecstasy and heroin.) Karizma’s animated, occasionally straight-up cartoonish delivery imbues his flow with plenty of the eponymous quality, and Ish D quirky, vocal-sampled production only adds to the jam’s left-of-center appeal. The Sober Mixtape is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.