If “bad” can mean good in hip-hop, who’s to say “Sober” can’t mean f**ked up? In any case, Karizma‘s clearly ain’t using the term in its traditional sense, as his first Booth feature finds him indulging in a potent cocktail of psychoactive substances. The title track and latest single off his debut street album, this cut follows the Mankato, Minnesota repper as he gets twisted on copious amounts of weed and whiskey. (As he makes clear in verse two, though, he draws the line at ecstasy and heroin.) Karizma’s animated, occasionally straight-up cartoonish delivery imbues his flow with plenty of the eponymous quality, and Ish D quirky, vocal-sampled production only adds to the jam’s left-of-center appeal. The Sober Mixtape is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
New Prague, Minnesota rhymesayer Karizma has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Sober, the Mixtape. The project packs a total of 17 original jams from the unsigned buzzmaker,...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.