If “bad” can mean good in hip-hop, who’s to say “Sober” can’t mean f**ked up? In any case, Karizma‘s clearly ain’t using the term in its traditional sense, as his first Booth feature finds him indulging in a potent cocktail of psychoactive substances. The title track and latest single off his debut street album, this cut follows the Mankato, Minnesota repper as he gets twisted on copious amounts of weed and whiskey. (As he makes clear in verse two, though, he draws the line at ecstasy and heroin.) Karizma’s animated, occasionally straight-up cartoonish delivery imbues his flow with plenty of the eponymous quality, and Ish D quirky, vocal-sampled production only adds to the jam’s left-of-center appeal. The Sober Mixtape is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.