When three of the top executives in the music industry partake in a high-stakes bidding war for an artist’ services, they must be good, right? Well, that is exactly what Diddy (Bad Boy), Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) and Jay-Z (then, Def Jam) did just last year when teenage singing-sensation Karina Pasian arrived on their radar. Though he has since stepped down as the President of Def Jam, Jay-Z offered Pasian a “seven-figure deal,” according to the artist’s camp, with her debut album set to arrive in stores this year. To kick off the project, Pasian has released the buzz single 16 At War. Written and produced by en vogue tandem, The-Dream and C. Tricky Stewart, Pasian convincingly tackles the issues of stress and peer pressure at the age of 16.
Listen to More: Karina Pasian
Written by DJ Z on 02/21/08
VY Records, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Baby Baby ft. Lil' Mama" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.