When three of the top executives in the music industry partake in a high-stakes bidding war for an artist’ services, they must be good, right? Well, that is exactly what Diddy (Bad Boy), Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) and Jay-Z (then, Def Jam) did just last year when teenage singing-sensation Karina Pasian arrived on their radar. Though he has since stepped down as the President of Def Jam, Jay-Z offered Pasian a “seven-figure deal,” according to the artist’s camp, with her debut album set to arrive in stores this year. To kick off the project, Pasian has released the buzz single 16 At War. Written and produced by en vogue tandem, The-Dream and C. Tricky Stewart, Pasian convincingly tackles the issues of stress and peer pressure at the age of 16.
Written by DJ Z on 02/21/08
Submit your Rating
VY Records, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Baby Baby ft. Lil' Mama" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.