When three of the top executives in the music industry partake in a high-stakes bidding war for an artist’ services, they must be good, right? Well, that is exactly what Diddy (Bad Boy), Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) and Jay-Z (then, Def Jam) did just last year when teenage singing-sensation Karina Pasian arrived on their radar. Though he has since stepped down as the President of Def Jam, Jay-Z offered Pasian a “seven-figure deal,” according to the artist’s camp, with her debut album set to arrive in stores this year. To kick off the project, Pasian has released the buzz single 16 At War. Written and produced by en vogue tandem, The-Dream and C. Tricky Stewart, Pasian convincingly tackles the issues of stress and peer pressure at the age of 16.
Written by DJ Z on 02/21/08
Submit your Rating
VY Records, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Baby Baby ft. Lil' Mama" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.