When three of the top executives in the music industry partake in a high-stakes bidding war for an artist’ services, they must be good, right? Well, that is exactly what Diddy (Bad Boy), Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) and Jay-Z (then, Def Jam) did just last year when teenage singing-sensation Karina Pasian arrived on their radar. Though he has since stepped down as the President of Def Jam, Jay-Z offered Pasian a “seven-figure deal,” according to the artist’s camp, with her debut album set to arrive in stores this year. To kick off the project, Pasian has released the buzz single 16 At War. Written and produced by en vogue tandem, The-Dream and C. Tricky Stewart, Pasian convincingly tackles the issues of stress and peer pressure at the age of 16.
Written by DJ Z on 02/21/08
Submit your Rating
VY Records, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Baby Baby ft. Lil' Mama" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.