When three of the top executives in the music industry partake in a high-stakes bidding war for an artist’ services, they must be good, right? Well, that is exactly what Diddy (Bad Boy), Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) and Jay-Z (then, Def Jam) did just last year when teenage singing-sensation Karina Pasian arrived on their radar. Though he has since stepped down as the President of Def Jam, Jay-Z offered Pasian a “seven-figure deal,” according to the artist’s camp, with her debut album set to arrive in stores this year. To kick off the project, Pasian has released the buzz single 16 At War. Written and produced by en vogue tandem, The-Dream and C. Tricky Stewart, Pasian convincingly tackles the issues of stress and peer pressure at the age of 16.
Written by DJ Z on 02/21/08
Submit your Rating
VY Records, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Baby Baby ft. Lil' Mama" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)