In middle school I remember watching the video premiere of Kardinal Offishall’s Bakardi Slang. Needless to say, Canada’s original hip-hop ambassador has come a long way. Today, the T Dot native laces us with World on My Shoulders, a standout track from producer Rich Kidd’s new mixtape, We on Some Rich Kidd Vol. 4: The Boiling Point, which was recently released to the net. While the record doesn’t feature our neighboring country’s current favorite son, it does include contributions from fellow Canadians Saukrates, who spits a verse, and newcomer Richie Hennesey, who handles the chorus. Despite all of their best efforts, however, the real star of this North of the Border show is Rich Kidd himself, whose addictive boardwork is an interesting fusion of Northeast hip hop and island drums. The end result here is more than enough to make it onto my August playlist. Booth nation, will World on My Shoulders make it onto your next playlist?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/8/10
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.