In middle school I remember watching the video premiere of Kardinal Offishall’s Bakardi Slang. Needless to say, Canada’s original hip-hop ambassador has come a long way. Today, the T Dot native laces us with World on My Shoulders, a standout track from producer Rich Kidd’s new mixtape, We on Some Rich Kidd Vol. 4: The Boiling Point, which was recently released to the net. While the record doesn’t feature our neighboring country’s current favorite son, it does include contributions from fellow Canadians Saukrates, who spits a verse, and newcomer Richie Hennesey, who handles the chorus. Despite all of their best efforts, however, the real star of this North of the Border show is Rich Kidd himself, whose addictive boardwork is an interesting fusion of Northeast hip hop and island drums. The end result here is more than enough to make it onto my August playlist. Booth nation, will World on My Shoulders make it onto your next playlist?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/8/10
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.