In middle school I remember watching the video premiere of Kardinal Offishall’s Bakardi Slang. Needless to say, Canada’s original hip-hop ambassador has come a long way. Today, the T Dot native laces us with World on My Shoulders, a standout track from producer Rich Kidd’s new mixtape, We on Some Rich Kidd Vol. 4: The Boiling Point, which was recently released to the net. While the record doesn’t feature our neighboring country’s current favorite son, it does include contributions from fellow Canadians Saukrates, who spits a verse, and newcomer Richie Hennesey, who handles the chorus. Despite all of their best efforts, however, the real star of this North of the Border show is Rich Kidd himself, whose addictive boardwork is an interesting fusion of Northeast hip hop and island drums. The end result here is more than enough to make it onto my August playlist. Booth nation, will World on My Shoulders make it onto your next playlist?
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.