In middle school I remember watching the video premiere of Kardinal Offishall’s Bakardi Slang. Needless to say, Canada’s original hip-hop ambassador has come a long way. Today, the T Dot native laces us with World on My Shoulders, a standout track from producer Rich Kidd’s new mixtape, We on Some Rich Kidd Vol. 4: The Boiling Point, which was recently released to the net. While the record doesn’t feature our neighboring country’s current favorite son, it does include contributions from fellow Canadians Saukrates, who spits a verse, and newcomer Richie Hennesey, who handles the chorus. Despite all of their best efforts, however, the real star of this North of the Border show is Rich Kidd himself, whose addictive boardwork is an interesting fusion of Northeast hip hop and island drums. The end result here is more than enough to make it onto my August playlist. Booth nation, will World on My Shoulders make it onto your next playlist?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/8/10
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)