In middle school I remember watching the video premiere of Kardinal Offishall’s Bakardi Slang. Needless to say, Canada’s original hip-hop ambassador has come a long way. Today, the T Dot native laces us with World on My Shoulders, a standout track from producer Rich Kidd’s new mixtape, We on Some Rich Kidd Vol. 4: The Boiling Point, which was recently released to the net. While the record doesn’t feature our neighboring country’s current favorite son, it does include contributions from fellow Canadians Saukrates, who spits a verse, and newcomer Richie Hennesey, who handles the chorus. Despite all of their best efforts, however, the real star of this North of the Border show is Rich Kidd himself, whose addictive boardwork is an interesting fusion of Northeast hip hop and island drums. The end result here is more than enough to make it onto my August playlist. Booth nation, will World on My Shoulders make it onto your next playlist?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/8/10
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.