First performed by John Holt’s group, The Paragons in 1967, The Tide Is High is one of the better known songs of the last three decades (thanks, in part, to covers by Blondie and Atomic Kitten). Next in line to adapt the record is Toronto’s own Kardinal Offishall, who’s got a girl on the side he’s trying to shake off. Guest singer Keri Hilson (who replaces Rihanna for the single version), however, isn’t the kind of girl who just “gets down like that;” no matter how strong Kardi waves goodbye, she won’t let go until she’s Numba 1. Since Supa Dups’ production is even more club-ready than that of the smash-hit Dangerous, expect a strong crossover following and massive spins. Numba 1 (Tide is High) is the third official single from Kardinal Offishall’s Not 4 Sale, which is for sale right now.
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.