Hailing from Toronto (a little-known hip hop scene-at least in the States), Kardinal Offishall is considered to be the Canada’s hip-hop ambassador. Recently signed to Konvict Muzik, Kardi drops his new single, Graveyard Shift, from his upcoming Konvict debut, Not for Sale. The third-shift hustlers’ anthem features Kardi giving a powerful description of how dangerous that type of grind can be, and whether you’re a trapper, a stripper, or a truck driver, that time is not for the faint of heart. However, the part of the song that gets the most attention is Akon‘s verse (he raps for the first time), where he seems to get the hang of the track, taking his street-life depictions to a whole new level. All that artistry mixed in with an eerie sonar-laced beat courtesy of Exile should help make sure Graveyard Shift receives constant radio play during the night and day.
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rush ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.