Hailing from Toronto (a little-known hip hop scene-at least in the States), Kardinal Offishall is considered to be the Canada’s hip-hop ambassador. Recently signed to Konvict Muzik, Kardi drops his new single, Graveyard Shift, from his upcoming Konvict debut, Not for Sale. The third-shift hustlers’ anthem features Kardi giving a powerful description of how dangerous that type of grind can be, and whether you’re a trapper, a stripper, or a truck driver, that time is not for the faint of heart. However, the part of the song that gets the most attention is Akon‘s verse (he raps for the first time), where he seems to get the hang of the track, taking his street-life depictions to a whole new level. All that artistry mixed in with an eerie sonar-laced beat courtesy of Exile should help make sure Graveyard Shift receives constant radio play during the night and day.
Written by Burmy on 07/18/07
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rush ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.