Hailing from Toronto (a little-known hip hop scene-at least in the States), Kardinal Offishall is considered to be the Canada’s hip-hop ambassador. Recently signed to Konvict Muzik, Kardi drops his new single, Graveyard Shift, from his upcoming Konvict debut, Not for Sale. The third-shift hustlers’ anthem features Kardi giving a powerful description of how dangerous that type of grind can be, and whether you’re a trapper, a stripper, or a truck driver, that time is not for the faint of heart. However, the part of the song that gets the most attention is Akon‘s verse (he raps for the first time), where he seems to get the hang of the track, taking his street-life depictions to a whole new level. All that artistry mixed in with an eerie sonar-laced beat courtesy of Exile should help make sure Graveyard Shift receives constant radio play during the night and day.
Written by Burmy on 07/18/07
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rush ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.