In the time since Kardinal Offishall dropped his fourth album (and international debut), Not 4 Sale, the Booth has experienced a full-scale Canadian invasion. In addition to reader favorite and fellow Toronto native Drake, artists from Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, and even smaller cities such as Brampton and North Gower have made an impact on our charts. On the first buzz single off his forthcoming fifth LP, Kardi returns to reclaim his throne, making Clear that those thinking of getting in his way do so at the risk of receiving a few third-degree burns. Backed by Supa Dups’ off-the-wall boardwork, Kardinal makes a convincing case for his North-of-the-Border supremacy. If you’re craving more from the Canadian emcee who helped start it all, keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest on his forthcoming album.
Written by Burmy on 08/20/09
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.