Currently experiencing cardiac arrest? You may want to log off the ‘net and seek some medical attention – seriously, browsing DJBooth.net can wait. If it’s your eardrums that need defibrillation, however, this official remix of Clear, the first single off T-dot mainstay Kardinal Offishall‘s forthcoming fifth full-length, may be just what the doctor ordered. This version of the reader-approved cut retains Offishall and Supa Dups’ propulsive, stop-start boardwork, but amps up the Caribbean flavor considerably; dancehall heavyweight Elephant Man steps up to the mic to deliver a heavily-accented hook and opening verse, and Kardinal maintains the energy level with his rapid-fire middle bars. So, Booth readers, does Elephant Man’s addition bump this record up from a solid club jam to a certified banger? Either way, one thing is crystal Clear: K.O. Fans can expect plenty more hot new material from the North-of-the-border vet in the first quarter of 2010, when Mr. International hits store shelves and online retailers off Black Jays/KonLive/Geffen/Interscope .
Written by richard on 11/15/09
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.