Currently experiencing cardiac arrest? You may want to log off the ‘net and seek some medical attention – seriously, browsing DJBooth.net can wait. If it’s your eardrums that need defibrillation, however, this official remix of Clear, the first single off T-dot mainstay Kardinal Offishall‘s forthcoming fifth full-length, may be just what the doctor ordered. This version of the reader-approved cut retains Offishall and Supa Dups’ propulsive, stop-start boardwork, but amps up the Caribbean flavor considerably; dancehall heavyweight Elephant Man steps up to the mic to deliver a heavily-accented hook and opening verse, and Kardinal maintains the energy level with his rapid-fire middle bars. So, Booth readers, does Elephant Man’s addition bump this record up from a solid club jam to a certified banger? Either way, one thing is crystal Clear: K.O. Fans can expect plenty more hot new material from the North-of-the-border vet in the first quarter of 2010, when Mr. International hits store shelves and online retailers off Black Jays/KonLive/Geffen/Interscope .
Written by richard on 11/15/09
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.