In 1993, Brooklyn’s Black Moon released what many consider their breakout single, I Got Cha Opin’. Sixteen years later, their frontman, Buckshot, is one of the most respected names in underground hip-hop. Like Nas, Common, and Q-Tip, the veteran rapper has remixed one of his classics for Smirnoff’s ‘09 Signature Mix Series. This uptempo update sees Buckshot and guest artist Kardinal Offishall foregoing the original’s slow-flowed feel in favor of more energetic rhymes. Mr. Walt’s typical “classic hip-hop” beat is replaced by a darker-tinted instrumental by Havoc (it takes true creativity to use a liquid glass xylophone on a hip-hop beat!) If you happen to have a Green Apple Smirnoff in hand, pour some in your glass and enjoy the hypnotic combination—after sixteen years, Buckshot’s still Got Cha Opin’.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.