In 1993, Brooklyn’s Black Moon released what many consider their breakout single, I Got Cha Opin’. Sixteen years later, their frontman, Buckshot, is one of the most respected names in underground hip-hop. Like Nas, Common, and Q-Tip, the veteran rapper has remixed one of his classics for Smirnoff’s ‘09 Signature Mix Series. This uptempo update sees Buckshot and guest artist Kardinal Offishall foregoing the original’s slow-flowed feel in favor of more energetic rhymes. Mr. Walt’s typical “classic hip-hop” beat is replaced by a darker-tinted instrumental by Havoc (it takes true creativity to use a liquid glass xylophone on a hip-hop beat!) If you happen to have a Green Apple Smirnoff in hand, pour some in your glass and enjoy the hypnotic combination—after sixteen years, Buckshot’s still Got Cha Opin’.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.