In 1993, Brooklyn’s Black Moon released what many consider their breakout single, I Got Cha Opin’. Sixteen years later, their frontman, Buckshot, is one of the most respected names in underground hip-hop. Like Nas, Common, and Q-Tip, the veteran rapper has remixed one of his classics for Smirnoff’s ‘09 Signature Mix Series. This uptempo update sees Buckshot and guest artist Kardinal Offishall foregoing the original’s slow-flowed feel in favor of more energetic rhymes. Mr. Walt’s typical “classic hip-hop” beat is replaced by a darker-tinted instrumental by Havoc (it takes true creativity to use a liquid glass xylophone on a hip-hop beat!) If you happen to have a Green Apple Smirnoff in hand, pour some in your glass and enjoy the hypnotic combination—after sixteen years, Buckshot’s still Got Cha Opin’.
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.