In 1993, Brooklyn’s Black Moon released what many consider their breakout single, I Got Cha Opin’. Sixteen years later, their frontman, Buckshot, is one of the most respected names in underground hip-hop. Like Nas, Common, and Q-Tip, the veteran rapper has remixed one of his classics for Smirnoff’s ‘09 Signature Mix Series. This uptempo update sees Buckshot and guest artist Kardinal Offishall foregoing the original’s slow-flowed feel in favor of more energetic rhymes. Mr. Walt’s typical “classic hip-hop” beat is replaced by a darker-tinted instrumental by Havoc (it takes true creativity to use a liquid glass xylophone on a hip-hop beat!) If you happen to have a Green Apple Smirnoff in hand, pour some in your glass and enjoy the hypnotic combination—after sixteen years, Buckshot’s still Got Cha Opin’.
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!