You ever think that something would go together perfectly, then come to find out that the mixture just doesn’t work? You know, like sandals with socks. Yeah, well Body Bounce is one of those concoctions. Akon and his affiliate artist Kardinal Offishall play mad scientists as they partner up for a synth-infused pop/rap party anthem instrumental (key ingredient courtesy of producer Haze). Akon holds up his end of the project as the international singer provides an excellent club ready hook for Kardi, however, the usually witty Canadian lyricist just doesn’t fully deliver. Body Bounce was precisely measured for success, and while lines like “them stretch marks on ya hip is bungee cords that bounce back when you dip,” are definitely rewind worthy, somehow the lyrics are just too safe and disposable to really add up to a hit single. But hey, all teachers grade differently. If you’d give this a passing grade then make sure to cop Kardinal’s new album Mr. International when it drops this fall.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.