You ever think that something would go together perfectly, then come to find out that the mixture just doesn’t work? You know, like sandals with socks. Yeah, well Body Bounce is one of those concoctions. Akon and his affiliate artist Kardinal Offishall play mad scientists as they partner up for a synth-infused pop/rap party anthem instrumental (key ingredient courtesy of producer Haze). Akon holds up his end of the project as the international singer provides an excellent club ready hook for Kardi, however, the usually witty Canadian lyricist just doesn’t fully deliver. Body Bounce was precisely measured for success, and while lines like “them stretch marks on ya hip is bungee cords that bounce back when you dip,” are definitely rewind worthy, somehow the lyrics are just too safe and disposable to really add up to a hit single. But hey, all teachers grade differently. If you’d give this a passing grade then make sure to cop Kardinal’s new album Mr. International when it drops this fall.
Black Stone Colleagues/GFMGG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Graveyard Shift ft. Akon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.