How is Kap Kallous like a Sushi Bar? Easy—they’ll both Give It to You Raw. On his latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Panhandle State emcee serves up a platter of lyrical prosciutto, delivering his hard-hitting bars over a booming synth beat by Optiks and Seandammit. Windy City buzzmaker Psalm One and ¡MAYDAY! member Wrekonize showcase their own raw rhyme stylings on the cut’s latter two-thirds. For Sushi Bar, the recently-featured Lighthouse and much more, cop Kap’s Grandeur LP when it drops digitally, for free, June 13.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.