Though Kap Kallous’ last feature found the emcee dreaming of amassing a cult following so loyal they’ll follow him into the hereafter, there are days when he’s would trade those fantasies of power and influence for the simple assurance of food on the table and a roof over his head. On new single Paper, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer vividly evokes the longing and frustration of grinding nonstop for a fat paycheck that may never arrive. Reprising his role behind the boards from the aforementioned joint, Klutch provides an understated, keyboard-driven backdrop for Kap’s rhymes. Director Megan E. Richardson completes the package with some low-key, but compelling visuals telling the story of a homeless man who chances upon a wallet full of bills. Feeling it? More awaits on Kap Kallous’ Hearse LP, scheduled for release October 23, across all digital retailer platforms.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)