Though Kap Kallous’ last feature found the emcee dreaming of amassing a cult following so loyal they’ll follow him into the hereafter, there are days when he’s would trade those fantasies of power and influence for the simple assurance of food on the table and a roof over his head. On new single Paper, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer vividly evokes the longing and frustration of grinding nonstop for a fat paycheck that may never arrive. Reprising his role behind the boards from the aforementioned joint, Klutch provides an understated, keyboard-driven backdrop for Kap’s rhymes. Director Megan E. Richardson completes the package with some low-key, but compelling visuals telling the story of a homeless man who chances upon a wallet full of bills. Feeling it? More awaits on Kap Kallous’ Hearse LP, scheduled for release October 23, across all digital retailer platforms.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.