For an artist seeking to gain a foothold in the notoriously competitive music game, Nothings Free; in fact, rappers are increasingly expected to give away new material in hopes of someday making a profit off their efforts. Booth newcomer Kap Kallous, for one, holds no illusions about success coming easy; as he explains on his latest single, he’s prepared to work harder and smarter than his peers in order to stand out from the pack. With Optiks and Seandammit‘s slick, electric guitar-infused grooves bumping in the background, the Orlando native fills listeners in on just how much work he’s been putting in, revealing that, when he’s not on his musical grind, he’s toiling away at a day job. Of course, he prefers that the precise details of his double life stay on the down-low: “I got a nine-to-five, but I keep it low-key / Clark Kentin’ wit a polo, homie you don’t know me.” Kap’s drive and energy are beyond question, but has he got the skills to pay the bills? As always, the final call is yours. If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, more quality tuneage awaits on I Should Have Kept My Mouth Shut, scheduled to drop March 29.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dollar and a Dream" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.