For an artist seeking to gain a foothold in the notoriously competitive music game, Nothings Free; in fact, rappers are increasingly expected to give away new material in hopes of someday making a profit off their efforts. Booth newcomer Kap Kallous, for one, holds no illusions about success coming easy; as he explains on his latest single, he’s prepared to work harder and smarter than his peers in order to stand out from the pack. With Optiks and Seandammit‘s slick, electric guitar-infused grooves bumping in the background, the Orlando native fills listeners in on just how much work he’s been putting in, revealing that, when he’s not on his musical grind, he’s toiling away at a day job. Of course, he prefers that the precise details of his double life stay on the down-low: “I got a nine-to-five, but I keep it low-key / Clark Kentin’ wit a polo, homie you don’t know me.” Kap’s drive and energy are beyond question, but has he got the skills to pay the bills? As always, the final call is yours. If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, more quality tuneage awaits on I Should Have Kept My Mouth Shut, scheduled to drop March 29.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dollar and a Dream" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.