Lighthouses are generally viewed as either a symbol of isolation or hope. In Kap Kallous’ self-directed visual for his latest single, Lighthouse, perception changes from the former into the latter. Some readers may be disgusted by the opening line of the song by the Orlando emcee, but if you keep listening you’ll notice that he’s not proud of his past and that he’s working towards a better future. He admits to not being perfect and that he falls victim to his vices here and again, but being alone in his mental lighthouse has offered him a chance to meditate and put his life in perspective. In fact, he’s become an antihero that many who are struggling with issues could look up to. At the root of the record is the piano driven production from David Grants, which places you in Kap’s life changing moment right before he picks himself up and begins the rehabilitation process. Lighthouse will be found on Kap’s upcoming free album, Grandeur, due out June 10.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Grandeur has arrived. Kap Kallous's highly-anticipated free album offers listeners an all-encompassing roller coaster ride through the strange mind of the Los Angeles-based, Orlando-born emcee. Featuring guest appearances...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)