Lighthouses are generally viewed as either a symbol of isolation or hope. In Kap Kallous’ self-directed visual for his latest single, Lighthouse, perception changes from the former into the latter. Some readers may be disgusted by the opening line of the song by the Orlando emcee, but if you keep listening you’ll notice that he’s not proud of his past and that he’s working towards a better future. He admits to not being perfect and that he falls victim to his vices here and again, but being alone in his mental lighthouse has offered him a chance to meditate and put his life in perspective. In fact, he’s become an antihero that many who are struggling with issues could look up to. At the root of the record is the piano driven production from David Grants, which places you in Kap’s life changing moment right before he picks himself up and begins the rehabilitation process. Lighthouse will be found on Kap’s upcoming free album, Grandeur, due out June 10.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.