Having garnered rave reader reviews for P’s & Q’s and Fresh, Panhandle State emcee Kap Kallous and producer Vikto Beats return to our pages with yet another Booth-exclusive world premiere off their forthcoming collaborative EP. On I Get Down, Vikto layers ominous synths over a lurching bassline as Kap vents his spleen at the rest of the hip-hop game. Like what you’re hearing? More freshness awaits on The Martian, scheduled for digital release next Tuesday, May 22, via themartianep.com.
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.