Having garnered rave reader reviews for P’s & Q’s and Fresh, Panhandle State emcee Kap Kallous and producer Vikto Beats return to our pages with yet another Booth-exclusive world premiere off their forthcoming collaborative EP. On I Get Down, Vikto layers ominous synths over a lurching bassline as Kap vents his spleen at the rest of the hip-hop game. Like what you’re hearing? More freshness awaits on The Martian, scheduled for digital release next Tuesday, May 22, via themartianep.com.
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.