There’s nothing easy about the hip-hop hustle. As a matter of fact, the grind’s had Kap Kallous “feelin’ twice [his] age” lately. Which isn’t to say he’s sweating it; on new single I Don’t Mind, premiering in the Booth along with X:144‘s official visuals, the Panhandle State representative assures fans that he’s willing to endure all the stress and strain the game can throw at him, if it means getting his paper up and making his moms proud. Assisting on the guest tip, YMCMB signee Caskey jumps on David Grants‘s brass/guitar boardwork to vent about the unrealistic expectations being placed on his shoulders: “You ask me sh*t like, ‘When is your song gonna drop with Lil Wayne?’ / Like he ain’t on tour, workin’.” Goldie and Jade Lawhon provide some tuneful hook vocals to round out the record. Grandeur is slated to drop independently on Tuesday, June 10. In the meantime, of course, y’all can watch the Booth for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.