When Kap Kallous says that he’s the new Jim Jones, he ain’t talking about the Dipset capo. Like the infamous People’s Temple founder, he’s looking to accumulate a fanbase loyal and devoted enough to follow him wherever he may lead—even if it’s into the hereafter. So, who wants some Flavor Aid? On Drink the Punch, the first official single off his next LP, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer demonstrates the uncanny swagger and charisma that will help him amass that cult following. Over Klutch‘s insistent piano chords, he tantalizes listeners with the intoxicating power of his flows: “Taste it, examine it / Make sure you can handle it / I ain’t gon’ be held responsible for the damages.” After sampling Kallous’ Punch, are you ready to join the movement? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material set for inclusion on Hearse, which drops October 23. Those who haven’t already can still cop Kap and Vikto Beats’ collaborative EP, The Martian, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)