When Kap Kallous says that he’s the new Jim Jones, he ain’t talking about the Dipset capo. Like the infamous People’s Temple founder, he’s looking to accumulate a fanbase loyal and devoted enough to follow him wherever he may lead—even if it’s into the hereafter. So, who wants some Flavor Aid? On Drink the Punch, the first official single off his next LP, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer demonstrates the uncanny swagger and charisma that will help him amass that cult following. Over Klutch‘s insistent piano chords, he tantalizes listeners with the intoxicating power of his flows: “Taste it, examine it / Make sure you can handle it / I ain’t gon’ be held responsible for the damages.” After sampling Kallous’ Punch, are you ready to join the movement? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material set for inclusion on Hearse, which drops October 23. Those who haven’t already can still cop Kap and Vikto Beats’ collaborative EP, The Martian, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.