When Kap Kallous says that he’s the new Jim Jones, he ain’t talking about the Dipset capo. Like the infamous People’s Temple founder, he’s looking to accumulate a fanbase loyal and devoted enough to follow him wherever he may lead—even if it’s into the hereafter. So, who wants some Flavor Aid? On Drink the Punch, the first official single off his next LP, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer demonstrates the uncanny swagger and charisma that will help him amass that cult following. Over Klutch‘s insistent piano chords, he tantalizes listeners with the intoxicating power of his flows: “Taste it, examine it / Make sure you can handle it / I ain’t gon’ be held responsible for the damages.” After sampling Kallous’ Punch, are you ready to join the movement? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material set for inclusion on Hearse, which drops October 23. Those who haven’t already can still cop Kap and Vikto Beats’ collaborative EP, The Martian, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.