When Kap Kallous says that he’s the new Jim Jones, he ain’t talking about the Dipset capo. Like the infamous People’s Temple founder, he’s looking to accumulate a fanbase loyal and devoted enough to follow him wherever he may lead—even if it’s into the hereafter. So, who wants some Flavor Aid? On Drink the Punch, the first official single off his next LP, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer demonstrates the uncanny swagger and charisma that will help him amass that cult following. Over Klutch‘s insistent piano chords, he tantalizes listeners with the intoxicating power of his flows: “Taste it, examine it / Make sure you can handle it / I ain’t gon’ be held responsible for the damages.” After sampling Kallous’ Punch, are you ready to join the movement? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material set for inclusion on Hearse, which drops October 23. Those who haven’t already can still cop Kap and Vikto Beats’ collaborative EP, The Martian, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.