When Kap Kallous says that he’s the new Jim Jones, he ain’t talking about the Dipset capo. Like the infamous People’s Temple founder, he’s looking to accumulate a fanbase loyal and devoted enough to follow him wherever he may lead—even if it’s into the hereafter. So, who wants some Flavor Aid? On Drink the Punch, the first official single off his next LP, the Cali-by-way-of-Florida rhymesayer demonstrates the uncanny swagger and charisma that will help him amass that cult following. Over Klutch‘s insistent piano chords, he tantalizes listeners with the intoxicating power of his flows: “Taste it, examine it / Make sure you can handle it / I ain’t gon’ be held responsible for the damages.” After sampling Kallous’ Punch, are you ready to join the movement? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material set for inclusion on Hearse, which drops October 23. Those who haven’t already can still cop Kap and Vikto Beats’ collaborative EP, The Martian, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.