On his Booth debut, featured early this month, Orlando rhymesayer Kap Kallous emphasized that success always comes at a cost, shaking his head at those who expect fame and fortune simply to fall into their laps. But don’t get it twisted; while Nothing[’]s Free in the dog-eat-dog world of hip-hop, an artist willing to put forth the necessary perspiration can still pull himself up by his bootstraps with nothing but A Dollar and a Dream. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Kap’s latest mixtape cut sees the hardworking emcee offering a considerably more idealistic angle on the game than on the aforementioned joint; over Optiks’ chill, street-ready yet robotically sinuous beat, he celebrates the distance he’s covered thus far. Not that he’s even remotely close to satisfied. After spitting “I ain’t happy, I’m hungry,” he assures us that “Everything ain’t even enough.” Needless to say, Kallous exhibits the kind of drive sure to take him far in the game – but are you digging his style? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, odds are you’ll find plenty more to like on I Should Have Kept My Mouth Shut, scheduled to drop March 29.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothings Free" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.