Featured in mid-October as the latest single off the Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack, Kanye West‘s White Dress was hailed by some of our readers as the rapper/producer’s finest work since 2010’s instant-classic My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy LP. That kind of acclaim is hard to top, but that didn’t stop the film director’s RZA from Tweeting out this unreleased, “Tru James” Stone Mecca Remix of the joint for his followers’ listening pleasure. Wu Tang-affiliated R&B/Soul/Funk band Stone Mecca don’t stray far from the original record’s Kanye/RZA/Tapez/Boogz production, but they do give the jam a slightly different feel, further emphasizing the central keyboard part and capping the record off with an upbeat instrumental outro. How does this version stack up against the original? That, my friends, is for you to decide. You can find the album rendition of the cut and much more on The Man With the Iron Fists’ official soundtrack LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)