A year ago Kris Humphries was on top of the world, but as if a divorce from Kim Kardashian wasn’t bad enough, now Kanye West turned him into a cuckold on his new record. Someone must have let Ye get in his zone. There are only a few people that can drop a record that’ll knock the Hip-Hop world off its axis but Yeezy is one of them, and he did just that last night with the release of
Cold. Produced by Hit-Boy, Cold is a bass-heavy, bouncy track where Ye boastfully tackles everything from folks who want to bang his ex-girl to his $6000 pair of shoes. Arrogance is busting through the seams on the record, yet it is balanced enough to sound charismatic in a form that Mr. West has perfected (see Watch the Throne). With a record that’ll surely get the world talking about his antics all over again, Ye does what needs to be done to stir the pot, as well as warm-up the world to his G.O.O.D. Music compilation album’s first single Mercy (dropping Good Friday!). So while you listen, ask yourself one question: Can’t a young ni**a get money anymore?!
Note: Pressing “Listen Now” above will take you to KanyeWest.com, where a stream of Theraflu is currently available.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.