A year ago Kris Humphries was on top of the world, but as if a divorce from Kim Kardashian wasn’t bad enough, now Kanye West turned him into a cuckold on his new record. Someone must have let Ye get in his zone. There are only a few people that can drop a record that’ll knock the Hip-Hop world off its axis but Yeezy is one of them, and he did just that last night with the release of
Cold. Produced by Hit-Boy, Cold is a bass-heavy, bouncy track where Ye boastfully tackles everything from folks who want to bang his ex-girl to his $6000 pair of shoes. Arrogance is busting through the seams on the record, yet it is balanced enough to sound charismatic in a form that Mr. West has perfected (see Watch the Throne). With a record that’ll surely get the world talking about his antics all over again, Ye does what needs to be done to stir the pot, as well as warm-up the world to his G.O.O.D. Music compilation album’s first single Mercy (dropping Good Friday!). So while you listen, ask yourself one question: Can’t a young ni**a get money anymore?!
Note: Pressing “Listen Now” above will take you to KanyeWest.com, where a stream of Theraflu is currently available.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/5/12
That Cruel Summer is ultimately disappointing is one of the biggest compliments I could possibly pay Kanye West. For almost a decade now Mr. West has trained us to think of his albums as landmarks, not simply albums, and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.