A year ago Kris Humphries was on top of the world, but as if a divorce from Kim Kardashian wasn’t bad enough, now Kanye West turned him into a cuckold on his new record. Someone must have let Ye get in his zone. There are only a few people that can drop a record that’ll knock the Hip-Hop world off its axis but Yeezy is one of them, and he did just that last night with the release of
Cold. Produced by Hit-Boy, Cold is a bass-heavy, bouncy track where Ye boastfully tackles everything from folks who want to bang his ex-girl to his $6000 pair of shoes. Arrogance is busting through the seams on the record, yet it is balanced enough to sound charismatic in a form that Mr. West has perfected (see Watch the Throne). With a record that’ll surely get the world talking about his antics all over again, Ye does what needs to be done to stir the pot, as well as warm-up the world to his G.O.O.D. Music compilation album’s first single Mercy (dropping Good Friday!). So while you listen, ask yourself one question: Can’t a young ni**a get money anymore?!
Note: Pressing “Listen Now” above will take you to KanyeWest.com, where a stream of Theraflu is currently available.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.