A year ago Kris Humphries was on top of the world, but as if a divorce from Kim Kardashian wasn’t bad enough, now Kanye West turned him into a cuckold on his new record. Someone must have let Ye get in his zone. There are only a few people that can drop a record that’ll knock the Hip-Hop world off its axis but Yeezy is one of them, and he did just that last night with the release of
Cold. Produced by Hit-Boy, Cold is a bass-heavy, bouncy track where Ye boastfully tackles everything from folks who want to bang his ex-girl to his $6000 pair of shoes. Arrogance is busting through the seams on the record, yet it is balanced enough to sound charismatic in a form that Mr. West has perfected (see Watch the Throne). With a record that’ll surely get the world talking about his antics all over again, Ye does what needs to be done to stir the pot, as well as warm-up the world to his G.O.O.D. Music compilation album’s first single Mercy (dropping Good Friday!). So while you listen, ask yourself one question: Can’t a young ni**a get money anymore?!
Note: Pressing “Listen Now” above will take you to KanyeWest.com, where a stream of Theraflu is currently available.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.