Kanye’s Dark Twisted Fantasy album? I’m already over it. My attention’s now squarely on Yeezy and Jay-Z’s upcoming collaborative album, Watch the Throne. (Not really, I’m still playing Twisted Fantasy hourly, but you get the point.) Hova recently revealed that songs like Monster and So Appalled were originally intended for their album until they got Good Friday-ed, and so the pair of heavy hitters will be heading back into the studio to record new material. Could That’s My B*tch be the first result of these new recordings? Produced by Q-Tip, the legendary Tribe member also responsible for Chain Heavy, My B*tch provides a propulsive beat for Mr. Carter and Mr. West to rhyme over, with suddenly omnipresent La Roux frontwoman Elly Jackson contributing vocals on the hook. Oh yeah, those aforementioned rhymes; if we’re going to play the “who was better” game my vote’s going to have to go to Ye, Jay doesn’t sound as at home over the more experimental beat, but both emcees absolutely deliver. Will Watch the Throne include That’s My B*tch when it drops next year? Only time will tell – in the meantime, press play.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.