Kanye’s Dark Twisted Fantasy album? I’m already over it. My attention’s now squarely on Yeezy and Jay-Z’s upcoming collaborative album, Watch the Throne. (Not really, I’m still playing Twisted Fantasy hourly, but you get the point.) Hova recently revealed that songs like Monster and So Appalled were originally intended for their album until they got Good Friday-ed, and so the pair of heavy hitters will be heading back into the studio to record new material. Could That’s My B*tch be the first result of these new recordings? Produced by Q-Tip, the legendary Tribe member also responsible for Chain Heavy, My B*tch provides a propulsive beat for Mr. Carter and Mr. West to rhyme over, with suddenly omnipresent La Roux frontwoman Elly Jackson contributing vocals on the hook. Oh yeah, those aforementioned rhymes; if we’re going to play the “who was better” game my vote’s going to have to go to Ye, Jay doesn’t sound as at home over the more experimental beat, but both emcees absolutely deliver. Will Watch the Throne include That’s My B*tch when it drops next year? Only time will tell – in the meantime, press play.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.