Kanye’s Dark Twisted Fantasy album? I’m already over it. My attention’s now squarely on Yeezy and Jay-Z’s upcoming collaborative album, Watch the Throne. (Not really, I’m still playing Twisted Fantasy hourly, but you get the point.) Hova recently revealed that songs like Monster and So Appalled were originally intended for their album until they got Good Friday-ed, and so the pair of heavy hitters will be heading back into the studio to record new material. Could That’s My B*tch be the first result of these new recordings? Produced by Q-Tip, the legendary Tribe member also responsible for Chain Heavy, My B*tch provides a propulsive beat for Mr. Carter and Mr. West to rhyme over, with suddenly omnipresent La Roux frontwoman Elly Jackson contributing vocals on the hook. Oh yeah, those aforementioned rhymes; if we’re going to play the “who was better” game my vote’s going to have to go to Ye, Jay doesn’t sound as at home over the more experimental beat, but both emcees absolutely deliver. Will Watch the Throne include That’s My B*tch when it drops next year? Only time will tell – in the meantime, press play.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.