Distorted beatboxing, Dougie Fresh-era cat calls, for this week’s G.O.O.D. Music entry Kanye West throws on his dookie rope and goes back to the ‘80s. As for the record’s theme, Take One for the Team means doing a lot of bad for the greater good, whether it be picking up sidechicks or according to Pusha T, court cases. Kanye starts off the show by making the claiming that TOFTT is as classic as Slick Rick’s Lodi Dodi, a blasphemy to be sure, but by now we’re used to Ye’s outrageous proclamations. One Yeezy proclamation that has rung true throughout the series though is that a guest will steal the spotlight and on this record, despite some solid vocal backing from Keri Hilson, it’s CyHi Da Prynce. Hilarious and outspoken, the ATLien shows out by questioning extra chicks on dates and even lets Big Sean take shots on a girl he wouldn’t touch. Will we hear more boom-bap like this when Kanye’s incredibly anticipated new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, drops on November 22? Given the success of the Good Music series, I’m betting Mr. West will have another classic to put up on the mantle.
Written by Brando on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.