Distorted beatboxing, Dougie Fresh-era cat calls, for this week’s G.O.O.D. Music entry Kanye West throws on his dookie rope and goes back to the ‘80s. As for the record’s theme, Take One for the Team means doing a lot of bad for the greater good, whether it be picking up sidechicks or according to Pusha T, court cases. Kanye starts off the show by making the claiming that TOFTT is as classic as Slick Rick’s Lodi Dodi, a blasphemy to be sure, but by now we’re used to Ye’s outrageous proclamations. One Yeezy proclamation that has rung true throughout the series though is that a guest will steal the spotlight and on this record, despite some solid vocal backing from Keri Hilson, it’s CyHi Da Prynce. Hilarious and outspoken, the ATLien shows out by questioning extra chicks on dates and even lets Big Sean take shots on a girl he wouldn’t touch. Will we hear more boom-bap like this when Kanye’s incredibly anticipated new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, drops on November 22? Given the success of the Good Music series, I’m betting Mr. West will have another classic to put up on the mantle.
Written by Brando on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.