Seven weeks ago, Kanye West treated his fans to an official remix of his Power single, which featured contributions from best friend Jay-Z and frequent collaborator Swizz Beatz. Little did any of us know what Ye had planned for the weeks to follow. In just less than two months, the hip-hop icon has leaked one star-studded collaboration after another as a part of his Good Music Fridays and, in the process, has built up a wave of momentum heading into the release of his forthcoming, still untitled, full-length. In the series’ latest installment, So Appalled, an unfinished, Kanye-only version of the record leaked last November, Ye constructs yet another monster (pun unintended) line-up, which boasts hot 16’s from the aforementioned Hova, as well as G.O.O.D. Music artists Pusha T (of the Clipse) and CyHi Da Prynce, and intro/outro/ad libs from Swizzy and Wu-Tang alumnus, RZA. Co-produced by West and fellow Chicagoan No I.D., the gloomy, downtrodden song, described by Kanye on Twitter as a “very modern style of hip hop,” will find itself a home on the Jay-Z x West digital EP, Watch The Throne, set for release November 23. Only time will tell what West has in-store for us next week.
Written by DJ Z on 09/26/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.