Seven weeks ago, Kanye West treated his fans to an official remix of his Power single, which featured contributions from best friend Jay-Z and frequent collaborator Swizz Beatz. Little did any of us know what Ye had planned for the weeks to follow. In just less than two months, the hip-hop icon has leaked one star-studded collaboration after another as a part of his Good Music Fridays and, in the process, has built up a wave of momentum heading into the release of his forthcoming, still untitled, full-length. In the series’ latest installment, So Appalled, an unfinished, Kanye-only version of the record leaked last November, Ye constructs yet another monster (pun unintended) line-up, which boasts hot 16’s from the aforementioned Hova, as well as G.O.O.D. Music artists Pusha T (of the Clipse) and CyHi Da Prynce, and intro/outro/ad libs from Swizzy and Wu-Tang alumnus, RZA. Co-produced by West and fellow Chicagoan No I.D., the gloomy, downtrodden song, described by Kanye on Twitter as a “very modern style of hip hop,” will find itself a home on the Jay-Z x West digital EP, Watch The Throne, set for release November 23. Only time will tell what West has in-store for us next week.
Written by DJ Z on 09/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.