Seven weeks ago, Kanye West treated his fans to an official remix of his Power single, which featured contributions from best friend Jay-Z and frequent collaborator Swizz Beatz. Little did any of us know what Ye had planned for the weeks to follow. In just less than two months, the hip-hop icon has leaked one star-studded collaboration after another as a part of his Good Music Fridays and, in the process, has built up a wave of momentum heading into the release of his forthcoming, still untitled, full-length. In the series’ latest installment, So Appalled, an unfinished, Kanye-only version of the record leaked last November, Ye constructs yet another monster (pun unintended) line-up, which boasts hot 16’s from the aforementioned Hova, as well as G.O.O.D. Music artists Pusha T (of the Clipse) and CyHi Da Prynce, and intro/outro/ad libs from Swizzy and Wu-Tang alumnus, RZA. Co-produced by West and fellow Chicagoan No I.D., the gloomy, downtrodden song, described by Kanye on Twitter as a “very modern style of hip hop,” will find itself a home on the Jay-Z x West digital EP, Watch The Throne, set for release November 23. Only time will tell what West has in-store for us next week.
Written by DJ Z on 09/26/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.