Seven weeks ago, Kanye West treated his fans to an official remix of his Power single, which featured contributions from best friend Jay-Z and frequent collaborator Swizz Beatz. Little did any of us know what Ye had planned for the weeks to follow. In just less than two months, the hip-hop icon has leaked one star-studded collaboration after another as a part of his Good Music Fridays and, in the process, has built up a wave of momentum heading into the release of his forthcoming, still untitled, full-length. In the series’ latest installment, So Appalled, an unfinished, Kanye-only version of the record leaked last November, Ye constructs yet another monster (pun unintended) line-up, which boasts hot 16’s from the aforementioned Hova, as well as G.O.O.D. Music artists Pusha T (of the Clipse) and CyHi Da Prynce, and intro/outro/ad libs from Swizzy and Wu-Tang alumnus, RZA. Co-produced by West and fellow Chicagoan No I.D., the gloomy, downtrodden song, described by Kanye on Twitter as a “very modern style of hip hop,” will find itself a home on the Jay-Z x West digital EP, Watch The Throne, set for release November 23. Only time will tell what West has in-store for us next week.
Written by DJ Z on 09/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.