While Taylor Swift was being immature Sunday night, singing about Kanye being immature, Kanye did the opposite, acknowledging his immaturity on his new song, Runaway. (Follow that?) On the MTV VMAs stage with just a MPC and a red suit, Kanye brought on newly signed G.O.O.D. Music member Pusha T (of the Clipse) to premiere a record whose official audio is now getting mixed reviews. Produced by Yeezy himself, the beat is Ambien slow, anchored by only a piano melody and a simple drum pattern. On the mic, although we finally got Ye back to spitting hot bars on first single Power, unfortunately (to some like myself) West has gone back to his 808s and Heartbreak ways, singing his way through the song. It isn’t until Pusha comes in to rip a 16 on the back end that Runaway starts to come together and really sound captivating. Although the hook will certainly provide all the a**holes and other vulgar worded people out there a new anthem, wouldn’t it be nice if Ye just stuck to rapping on his upcoming, still untitled and unscheduled new album?
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)