While Taylor Swift was being immature Sunday night, singing about Kanye being immature, Kanye did the opposite, acknowledging his immaturity on his new song, Runaway. (Follow that?) On the MTV VMAs stage with just a MPC and a red suit, Kanye brought on newly signed G.O.O.D. Music member Pusha T (of the Clipse) to premiere a record whose official audio is now getting mixed reviews. Produced by Yeezy himself, the beat is Ambien slow, anchored by only a piano melody and a simple drum pattern. On the mic, although we finally got Ye back to spitting hot bars on first single Power, unfortunately (to some like myself) West has gone back to his 808s and Heartbreak ways, singing his way through the song. It isn’t until Pusha comes in to rip a 16 on the back end that Runaway starts to come together and really sound captivating. Although the hook will certainly provide all the a**holes and other vulgar worded people out there a new anthem, wouldn’t it be nice if Ye just stuck to rapping on his upcoming, still untitled and unscheduled new album?
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.