Attention, hip-hop nation: the official remix of Kanye West‘s latest smash, Power, has finally landed. True to form, the game’s foremost rapper-producer pulls out all the stops here, delivering a joint considerably bigger than your “average remix.” Swizz Beatz joins Symbolyc One behind the boards this go-round, supplementing the original‘s King Crimson-cribbing groove with some rather unexpected twists and turns – including a grand finale inspired by Snap!‘s I’ve Got the Power. West broadens his lyrical focus to take on a few political issues of the day, even supporting tolerance and diversity by spitting a few lines “in Islam. That’s right, “in Islam.” The one and only J-Hova goes equally hard on the opener, waxing philosophical about the ups and downs we all face (“Life is a trip so sometimes we gon’ stumble) and shouting-out… Norman Mailer? Now, of course, comes the moment of truth: does this version of the cut surpass the original? The power, as Captain Planet would say, is yours. Whichever you prefer, keep it locked for the latest on Kanye’s fifth LP, possibly titled Dark Twisted Fantasy and set to drop sometime in November.
Written by richard on 08/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)