Before Kanye West was tabbed to close last Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards, word had already begun to circulate on the Net that he had a new single and album in the works. Indeed, both rumors are true, as the Chicagoan is preparing for a December 16 release of 808’s & Heartbreak, his fourth studio album in the last five years. West’s name was in the spotlight last week, but unfortunately it wasn’t solely because of his new singing style or the throwback grey digs he donned at the awards. The same day that Def Jam released a supposedly mastered version (we are still suspicious) of West’s new single, Love Lockdown, the musician and his manager were arrested at LAX after an altercation with a member of the paparazzi, and charged with felony vandalism. Ironically, it was West who found himself behind bars by the end of the day.
Update: Kanye has provided a newly-mastered version of Love Lockdown.
Written by DJ Z on 09/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.