For all of the shots he’s taken, you have to admit nobody makes Fridays more exciting than Kanye West. For the better part of a month, West has kept the world in baited anticipation for his G.O.O.D. Friday series and this week’s entry, Lord, Lord, Lord, continues his impressive streak. Although not officially confirmed, I have to believe West is responsible for the beat, and if so it sounds like he decided to craft this record around Nas’ Find Your Wealth, with Mos Def, Raekwon, and yes Swizz Beatz, making appearances the record feels like “something special, something new.” Mos sounds inspired, Kanye drops a punchline heavy flow and the Chef attacks his verse like he’s wielding a Ginsu knife. However, there are two albatrosses weighing down Lord, Lord, Lord. First, the roaming vocals from Charlie Wilson toward the end, and second, a monotone Swizzy verse that ‘Ye says he was “waiting” for, which I find kind of hard to believe considering it’s packed between three excellent contributions from the other emcees. I can’t complain though. While the world waits for more information about Ye’s upcoming album, at least he’s giving us free good music to hold us over until then.
Written by Brando on 09/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.